Weather Modeling and Verification Services
The primary objective is to coordinate weather modeling and verification with a view to enhance the capacity of the UNMA to generate and evaluate weather outlook by providing more detailed operational forecasts and improve accuracy.
The tasks include:
- Enhance operational forecasters’ capacity in weather modeling and verification.
- Develop and run empirical statistical and dynamical models.
- Downscaling global forecasts to regional/national level that takes into account the local climatology
- Generate short-range weather forecasts
- Assessment and quantification of the relationship between forecasts and observations.
- Enhance sub-regional scientific collaboration in NWP activities through joint projects.
share this page