Climate and Environment Division
The main objective of the Climate and Environment Division is to engage in and coordinate studies and recent development in climate and atmospheric environment; to foster collaboration on environmental issues with relevant institutions and other government agencies and departments; and to educate the public on the impact of pollution on weather, climate and the environment.
The main functions of the division are:
- Carry out research in Climate Change, Climate Variability as well as modeling the future climate projections.
- Maintain inventory of pollution emission sources in major urban centres in the country.
- Coordinate Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change activities in the country.
- Follow up activities related to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the United Nations Convention for Combating desertification (UNCCD).
- Promote and co-ordinate research activities on climate and related fields within and outside UNMA.
- Promote research on regional Numerical Weather Prediction simulation models.
share this page