The Research Division handles research activities in UNMA and the main objectives for carrying out research are mainly to:
- Generate information and knowledge to address current and future national development needs;
- Increase the relevance of weather and climate information to the various users; and
- Help UNMA grow by supporting the operations of the various Directorates.
To ensure the above, the Research Division is expected to;
- Define a research agenda and prepare research topics related to the mandate of the Authority and relevant to the development needs of the country in collaboration with other UNMA Directorates and stakeholders.
- Coordinate the other Directorates and individual staff in the development of portfolios for operational research engagement.