Uganda National Meteorological Authority recently conducted an induction course for all newly recruited staff and those from the Ministry of Water and Environment, Department of Metereology. The Induction took place at Jinja Hotel and Tourism Training Institute. The staff were obliged to swear an Oath of Secrecy at this Induction.
Among the activities, were insighting presentations from a number of speakers including:
- The Significance of Weather Stations Networks to UNMA Mandate by Milton Michael Waiswa,
- Change Management and Communication Strategy by Vincent F. Kaheeru (National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited),
- Appropriate Internal controls and Effective resource utilization in UNMA by Mr. W. David Elweru (Director Finance and Administration),
- Corporate Governance Issues & the role of Internal Audit in UNMA Operations in UNMA Operations by Mr. Tebusweke Nuludiin (Senior Internal Auditor),
- The Integrated Performance Management System for the Uganda Public Service by Leofrida Oyella (Assistant Commissioner Human Resource Management, Ministry of Water and Environment); among many others.
UNMA Managers swear an Oath of Secrecy during the recently concluded general Induction course held at Jinja in the presence of the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Dr. Robert Rutaagi.